In the nineteenth century
the castle had many owners including the Audebert families, Debetz of La Crouzilhe, Bonfils, Brachet of La Menuze, Dr. Jean Peyrot, Senator of the Dordogne.
Several prelates chose their burial there:
Pierre Tizon, Foulques de Bonneval, François de La Beraudière, Jean Macheco de Prémeaux, died at Château l'Evêque, and Pierre Fournier, Bishop of Périgueux was strangled by his servants on the stairs of the South tower on July 14, 1575
It was in the castle chapel,
became a parish church, which a humble priest, whom his charity had seated almost during his lifetime among the saints, Vincent de Paul, was ordained priest on September 23, 1600 by Bishop François de Bourdeilles. A portrait of the 17th century French school belonging to the owner's collection is presented in the living room.